If you or someone you love sustained injuries in an accident involving drug or alcohol use, our Fairburn DUI car accident lawyer will help you pursue financial recovery. You could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, damaged property, pain and suffering, and more.
We will collect evidence, handle all case-related communication, and negotiate a fair and appropriate settlement on your behalf. In addition, we make sure you get timely updates on your case’s progress and will represent you in court if needed. At Kaine Law, a Fairburn personal injury lawyer will stop at nothing to build a persuasive case for you and obtain the best possible outcome.
Our Case-Building Strategy for Injured Clients in DUI Car Accidents
Building an effective compensation case for you is the priority for every member of our legal team. To bolster and support your right to recover damages, we will:
- Investigate the details of your DUI accident
- Prove the at-fault driver’s negligence
- Calculate the financial value of your case
- Compile supporting documents and evidence
- Collect photos and video footage
- Speak with interested parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
We will meet with the liable party’s legal and insurance teams, negotiate a favorable monetary settlement for you, and represent you in court if an offer is not forthcoming.
Our Investigation Will Prove DUI Caused Your Accident
The evidence we collect for your case file will tell our team and the at-fault party’s representatives the cause of your accident. First, we start building your case with your car accident report, which we obtain for you from the Fairburn Police Department. The report will contain a plethora of evidence, including the investigating officer’s notes and diagrams.
Additional supporting evidence will include:
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test results
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Proof of income
When we say we take care of all the details of building your case, we mean it. Thus, we collect and organize your evidence and present it to the at-fault party and their representatives. Finally, we prepare it for trial if we can’t resolve your case with an out-of-court settlement.
Establishing the Legal Components of Negligence
Our decades of experience and familiarity with Georgia’s personal injury and insurance law mean we understand liability’s legal elements. It also means we know the evidence that proves these elements and collect it for you.
The four components of negligence are:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Most personal injury cases resolve via settlement versus trial. Therefore, the evidence file we build for you will steer your case toward an insurance settlement.
For a free legal consultation with a dui car accident lawyer serving Fairburn, call 404-214-2001
Compensation You Can Recover After a DUI Accident in Fairburn
Your car accident could entitle you to recover two types of monetary damages. Economic damages are tangible in nature and are typically accompanied by bills, receipts, and estimates, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
Noneconomic damages are intangible, and determining their value can be more challenging. They include:
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our Kaine Law DUI car accident lawyers serving clients in Fairburn will assess your injuries and their related expenses and losses.
We Make Sure Your Case Complies With All Applicable Time Limitations
Your DUI accident can have multiple time restrictions that affect your ability to seek compensation. In Georgia:
- You generally have two years from the date of the accident to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations (O.C.G.A § 9-3-33).
- The same statute generally gives you two years from when a loved one died to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- If a government vehicle was involved in your accident, you generally have six months to file a claim against a government agency (O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5).
While complying with the statute of limitations is a mandatory part of your case, it can also be a complicated part. That’s because several factors can cause the filing deadline to fluctuate. Therefore, when we handle your case, we ensure the deadline is met and protect your right to go to court if needed.
Fairburn DUI Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our History of Supporting Car Accident Clients
The recovery process after a car accident is typically threefold—physical, emotional, and financial. While you concentrate on physical and emotional recovery, our law firm takes care of everything else.
Of our service and support, previous clients say:
- “Kaine Law agreed to take my case…and ever since then the process has been seamless…The legal team definitely put my mind at ease with their extensive knowledge of accident cases…If you are in search of help with your accident case, choose Kaine Law.” — Jamie S.
- “Kaine Law was AMAZING!!!!!!! I got into a car accident in November, and they helped me and walked me through the whole process…Customer service at its finest!!!! Don’t consider anywhere else, come here if you need anything!!!! They are here to help.” — Victoria H.
In addition to reviews and recommendations, our history of compensation for injured clients includes settlements and verdicts that range from $125,000 to $11 million.
Our Fee Structure Lets You Start Building Your Case Right Away
Our law firm represents personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis. We receive compensation only if we recover it for you. Therefore, you owe us nothing if your case does not result in a financial award. So, our fee structure means you can avoid a potentially costly delay in getting your case started.
Click to contact our DUI Car Accidents lawyers today
Get Your Free Case Review Today
Were you or someone you love injured by an intoxicated driver? Our DUI car accident lawyer representing Fairburn clients will help you prove your accident’s cause and the resulting costs. So, find out how hard we fight to help you recover financial compensation by contacting our Kaine Law case review team today.