Were you or someone you love bitten by a dog? If so, you could have the right to recover damages from the dog’s owner. Our Gainesville dog bite lawyer will help you prove the animal was unleashed or otherwise not under the control of the owner when it attacked you.
Our dog bite team at Kaine Law will compile and submit evidence in your case. We will assign an accurate financial value to your injuries and their related expenses and build a strong case file on your behalf. We handle all case-related communication and represent you throughout the negotiation process or in court, if necessary.
Recoverable Damages After a Dog Bite in Gainesville
A dog bite can leave you with a wide range of short- and long-term expenses and losses. According to O.C.G.A. § 51-2-7, you are entitled to recover damages after an unprovoked dog bite or one caused by a dog known to be vicious.
Damages we recover for you can include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Financial losses from all income streams
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Medical care until you are fully recovered
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
Our evidence collection will include statements about your prognosis for the future. This is an important part of your case because a dog bite can lead to scarring and disfiguring injuries that change your physical ability and appearance. We also fight to recover damages for the mental and emotional trauma that can accompany a dog bite.
The Role of Contributory Negligence in Your Dog Bite Case
Georgia’s contributory negligence law may alter your financial award if the dog’s owner alleges that you provoked the dog into biting you. If you are found to bear any fault in causing the incident, O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33 could reduce your financial award. Unless the majority of fault is attributed to your actions, though, you will still be eligible to recover damages.
The court apportions fault in percentages, so your financial award might be reduced by a corresponding percentage. If you did not contribute to the dog’s actions, our investigation will prove it. Our team will work hard to ensure you get the best possible financial outcome of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite injury lawyer serving Gainesville, call 404-214-2001
Our Lawyers Cover All the Costs of Building Your Lawsuit
At Kaine Law, we represent personal injury cases like yours on a contingency-fee basis. We absorb the costs of:
- Investigating your case
- Consulting expert witnesses
- Filing your lawsuit
- Evidence collection
- Documentation and paperwork
We pay all upfront expenses and will not expect or accept compensation until after we obtain it for you.
We Build Your Case So You Can Focus on Your Recovery
Seeking compensation after a dog bite can be a long and trying process with a plethora of moving parts. On your own, it can be difficult to investigate and accurately document your right to recover damages from the dog’s owner.
When you put our law firm to work for you, the case-building benefits you experience include:
- Collecting and organizing compelling evidence
- Canvassing the area for photos and video footage
- Compiling copies of your medical records and bills
- Identifying, locating, and interviewing witnesses to the bite
- Obtaining copies of your animal control and other reports
Your health and recovery are important to our law firm, so we also fight to obtain copies of the dog’s vet records and investigate their history. Every piece of evidence we collect is used to build your evidence file and prove the cause and ongoing costs of your attack and recovery.
Gainesville Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Lawyers Never Run Out of Time to Fight for You
All civil lawsuits in Georgia have a defined statute of limitations. The filing of your potential dog bite lawsuit is subject to the state’s personal injury statute of limitations. In general, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 gives you two years to file your lawsuit.
Our Gainesville dog bite lawyer will ensure your case is filed on time. We also make sure to clarify certain factors that might affect the statute of limitations, such as the victim’s age. To ensure timely compliance, we get to work right away to prove the four legally required elements of negligence. They include:
- Duty of care — failing to maintain safe control of an animal known to be vicious
- Breach of duty — failing to properly leash or otherwise restrain a dog
- Causation — the dog bit or otherwise attacked you or a loved one
- Damages — your injuries caused economic and non-economic expenses and losses
We prove these elements with evidence, including animal control reports, witness statements, photos and videos, and your own recollections.
Testimonials From Previous Kaine Law Clients
With decades of experience and familiarity with state and local law, we work hard to build compelling cases for every client we serve. One dog bite client we represented was awarded $700,000 in compensation.
When past clients tell others about their experience with our responsive, supportive legal team, they say the following:
- Terrell Simon: “I was very pleased with the level of service and communication I received from the Kaine Law Office. My case was unique because it required the firm to negotiate with multiple insurance companies and numerous medical facilities to reach a fair settlement…IF YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT CASE HIRE THESE PEOPLE!!!”
- Shelly Duren: “Nothing but great things to say about Kaine Law. They handled my case efficiently and kept me up to date…My case was settled today, and I ended up receiving substantially more than what we initially were going to settle for…Thank you, Kaine Law.”
Read more reviews like these on our client testimonials page and see why previous clients are happy to recommend our law firm.
Click to contact our Dog Bite Injury lawyers today
Call for a Free Review of Your Hall County Dog Bite Case
Were you or someone you love injured in a recent dog bite or attack? Our dog bite lawyer serving injured clients in Gainesville will help your family recover from the trauma of a dog bite or attack. You will be able to move forward from this incident more comfortably.
Contact our team at Kaine Law to start building your case for compensation today.