If you suffered injuries in a Cobb County auto collision, a Kennesaw personal injury lawyer could help you hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries and losses. You do not have to go through the personal injury claims process on your own. We can work directly with the insurance company on your behalf. If the case does not settle, we can file a lawsuit and take your car accident case to trial.
Insurance companies are multi-billion-dollar corporations that have thousands of employees dedicated to paying you as little money as possible for your injuries. Georgia law does not force you to hire a lawyer to go to bat for you, but working with one can be a smart decision.
How Much Compensation Can You Receive After a Kennesaw Car Accident?
Every car accident injury claim is different. So, we cannot throw out a number to represent the monetary value of your case until we talk to you and investigate the accident. The facts of your situation will determine the amount of compensation we can pursue for you.
Here are some common types of losses that people experience after a car accident:
- Medical bills. The cost to treat your wounds can be a part of your injury claim. These expenses can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, doctors, surgery, diagnostic procedures, physical therapy, and prescription medication.
- Lost wages. Whether you get paid by wages, salary, self-employment, or some other form of regular income, your lost paychecks can be a part of your claim if you could not work because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering. Getting hurt in a car accident can involve a great deal of physical discomfort. Also, you might have emotional distress from the traumatic experience of the accident and worries about your future.
- Other intangible losses. You might have additional damages for things that are not easy to measure in dollars but have financial value nonetheless. For example, you might have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the accident, disfigurement from extensive scars, or loss of enjoyment of life because of long-term impairment from your injuries.
We might be able to seek additional compensation on behalf of the legal beneficiaries if your loved one lost their life because of a collision.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Kennesaw, call 404-214-2001
You do Not Have to Be Wealthy to Hire Our Firm
Personal injury cases like car accidents typically get handled on a contingency-fee basis. With a contingent fee arrangement, you do not have to pay upfront legal fees to get our help.
We fight tirelessly for our clients and wait patiently until the end to get paid for our work. We receive a percentage of the settlement proceeds or court award.
Kennesaw Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Three Good Reasons to Work with One of Our Car Accident Lawyers
There are many advantages to working with a Kennesaw car accident attorney on your injury claim. Here are three examples:
- We can calculate the settlement value of your car accident injury claim. Unless you have access to a jury verdict database and years of experience handling personal injury cases, you won’t know if the insurance company makes a lowball offer to you.
- You do not have to worry about your case getting thrown out of court because you made a mistake, like suing the wrong party or missing the filing deadline. If you do not attend law school, you do not know all the rules you must follow in these cases. The court will not apply a different set of rules when a person tries to act as their own lawyer.
- The defendant and insurance company are not allowed to harass you. When you have an attorney representing you, they are not allowed to contact you directly. If they call or email you, you can just tell them to talk to your lawyer.
There are many more benefits to working with a Kennesaw car accident lawyer on your injury claim. We take care of the heavy lifting on your case so that you can focus on getting better.
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
What Happens If You Miss the Filing Deadline for Your Injury Case?
Georgia law limits the amount of time you have to pursue the at-fault party for your injuries. Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit against the defendant seeking compensation for your losses.
Merely negotiating with the claims adjuster does not satisfy the two-year deadline. If you do not actually file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, Georgia law will bar you from ever going after the defendant for the harm they caused to you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Avoid Problems That Could Decrease the Settlement Value of Your Injury Claim
People are often surprised when they learn that things that happen weeks or months after a car accident could affect their settlement. Here are a few examples:
- If they do not finish their medical treatment before accepting a settlement offer, they might find out that they need additional medical treatment, like surgery, to recover fully. The defendant and insurance company will not pay any of those additional expenses. Once you settle your claim, you cannot go back and ask for more money.
- Until your injury claim is resolved by settlement or a court award, you should not post anything on social media. Photographs, information, and comments can be taken out of context and used against you.
- The claims adjuster might throw you a lowball offer early in the case. Many people who try to handle their injury claims without a lawyer find out when it is too late that they should have received much more money.
We can help you avoid those and other problems that can arise during the claims process. You do not have to go through this alone.
Get Help From Our Legal Team Today
At Kaine Law, we help people who get hurt because of the carelessness of others. We fight hard, going after the money you deserve to rebuild your life. We are a “high touch” law firm, meaning that we stay in close communication with our clients. You will not have to worry about what we are doing on your case.
Check out our client testimonials to get a better idea of what it’s like to team up with us. We take the time to listen to you and answer your questions. You can call us today at (404) 214-2001 for a free initial consultation. There is no obligation.