Depending on how serious it is, a boating and watercraft accident can leave you with disabling injuries that temporarily or permanently affect how you live your life. If you want help seeking compensation for those injuries, our lawyer serving Lithonia can step up.
The process of seeking damages can be long and complicated. Kaine Law’s Lithonia personal injury lawyer would be happy to address all your concerns and fight on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
What Our Lithonia Attorneys Can Do After a Boating Accident
Boating and watercraft accidents can take many different forms and cause many types of injuries. Since each case is unique, it is extremely helpful to hire our personal injury attorney to figure out how someone in your situation should pursue the compensation you need. We can:
- Identify the at-fault party: One of the most common boat accident causes is operator error, but this is not true in every single case. To make sure your legal action targets the right party, we can investigate your accident carefully.
- Calculate your damages: How much is your case worth? Is the insurer trying to offer you less than you deserve? By allowing us to quantify your losses, you can be sure that you are asking for a fair amount.
- Negotiate for a pretrial settlement: When possible, we try to avoid the courtroom and get the insurer to agree to a settlement. Our lawyers are not afraid to meet with the insurer in person and pursue the money our clients are entitled to recover.
- Fight for you in court: In cases where attaining a settlement is not possible, we do not hesitate to go to trial. We can question witnesses and present arguments and evidence to the court.
How Kaine Law Differs From Other Boating Accident Law Firms
Our team offers an inimitable set of benefits to our clients, including:
- An exclusive focus on personal injury cases: Kaine Law has chosen to specialize in personal injury and wrongful death cases. This means we are fully focused on helping people just like you.
- Genuine care and interest in your welfare: We have devoted our careers to making our clients’ lives easier. We can provide frequent updates, honest advice, and compassionate reassurance throughout your case.
- A reputation for tackling tough cases: For decades, our team has stuck by clients of all kinds with cases big and small. Whether you are seeking a few thousand dollars or a few million, rest assured that we have the experience to help.
- Free consultations: Regardless of whether you decide to hire us, we encourage you to call our office and let a member of our team assess your case’s merits. This will give you a better understanding of what to do next.
- No upfront attorneys’ fees: You owe us nothing until we put money in your pocket. This promise is included in the contract we sign with you.
For a free legal consultation with a boating & watercraft accident lawyer serving Lithonia, call 404-214-2001
How to Calculate Boating Accident Compensation in Lithonia
The process of determining how much money you should ask for may seem straightforward, but a single mistake could leave you without enough funds to cover all of your losses. Kaine Law can make sure you pursue what you need by:
Helping You List Your Lithonia Accident Damages
Our personal injury lawyer can sit down with you and create a list of damages, which may include items related to physical, financial, and mental losses. Common examples of damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of wages
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
Reviewing Paperwork Related to Your Boat Crash
For example, medical records can prove what kinds of injuries you suffered, while a statement from your employer can confirm that your injuries prevent you from working regular hours or performing expected duties.
Applying Legal Formulas to Your Watercraft Collision Case
How do you express physical and emotional suffering in financial terms? There are legal formulas designed to do just that. Kaine Law can determine which formula to use in your case and employ that formula to arrive at a fair settlement amount for you.
Lithonia Boating & Watercraft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Challenges Associated With Lithonia Watercraft Accident Cases
You may encounter many obstacles on the way to receiving fair compensation, but you do not have to deal with them by yourself. A boating accident attorney from Kaine Law would be happy to help you navigate:
The Lithonia, Georgia, Statute of Limitations
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have two years to begin your personal injury lawsuit in most situations. If you have any questions or doubts about this deadline, do not hesitate to reach out. Kaine Law would be glad to answer your questions and to take swift action on your behalf.
Watercraft Accident Cases With Multiple Liable Parties
Sometimes, a single party’s negligence is enough to cause a crash. In other cases, you may be dealing with multiple liable parties, including boat operators, marina owners, and/or boat manufacturers. Some of these parties may be well-funded, powerful, and difficult for an individual to take on alone.
Our Lithonia boating and watercraft accident lawyer can identify and confront all of the liable parties in your case.
Boating Accident Insurance Companies
Since there is no average boating accident settlement, the liable party’s insurer may try to get away with offering an amount far less than what you really qualify for. They might:
- Ask to speak to you personally instead of with your lawyer
- Imply that you will not get any compensation if you reject their current offer, no matter how inadequate it is
- Ask you to record a statement about the collision
All of these tactics are designed to reduce your payout. By letting Kaine Law handle all communications, you deny the insurer the chance to deprive you of your rights.
Click to contact our Boating & Watercraft Accidents lawyers today
We Are Now Accepting Boating Accident Cases in Lithonia
Call Kaine Law today so our Lithonia boating and watercraft accident lawyer can get started on your case. We offer personalized attention to each and every client, providing the support you deserve after such a traumatic event. The initial consultation can be completed over the phone and is always free.