Few things are more enjoyable than cruising the waters on one of the many lakes in Savannah, Georgia on a summer day. But the joy of boating can quickly become a nightmare if you’re involved in an accident.
A Savannah boating & watercraft accident lawyer can help you through the process of seeking compensation for your losses. Our personal injury team can uncover what happened and handle the legal work involved in your claim or lawsuit.
How a Savannah Boating & Watercraft Accident Attorney Can Help With Your Case
A boating accident can cause victims insurmountable physical and emotional trauma that can take a long time to recover from. Amid recovery, the last thing you want to overwhelm yourself with is the stress of figuring out how to file a claim or lawsuit to obtain compensation to pay your mounting medical bills and cover your other financial losses.
Many boating and watercraft accidents in Savannah occur due to the inexperience or negligent actions of an operator. You may be eligible to receive a financial settlement for your losses if someone’s misconduct on the water caused you harm.
Kaine Law is committed to providing a full-service experience to victims of boating and watercraft accidents in Savannah, Georgia. Here are some ways a Savannah boat accident lawyer may assist you in seeking damages:
- Case investigation: Our team will comb through the facts of your case to understand how the accident occurred.
- Evidence gathering: We will work to obtain various kinds of evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, photographs, and video footage that establishes negligence and your losses.
- Damage assessment: Our team will look at the different facets of your case to uncover the full scope of damages you have suffered. We will then tabulate the total value of your claim.
- Liability identification: Your Savannah watercraft accident attorney will determine who the primary at-fault party is and if any additional parties may be liable for your accident.
- Provide you with legal guidance: We will inform you of your rights and options and provide you with advice every step of the way, so you can make smart decisions that will improve the chances of your case reaching a favorable outcome.
- Compensation negotiation: The liable insurance company may propose an initial settlement offer, which will likely be much lower than your case’s true worth. Our legal team will engage in a series of negotiations with the insurance company representatives until they revise their offer to match the actual value of your case.
- Court representation: If the insurance company still attempts to lowball you, we can file a lawsuit. We will represent your case in court and fight for fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a boating & watercraft accident lawyer serving Savannah, call 404-214-2001
A Savannah Boating & Watercraft Accident Lawyer Can Assist You in Seeking These Damages
When filing a claim, most boating and watercraft accident victims want to know what types of injuries and losses they can recover compensation for and how much their case is worth. The answer will differ based on your accident’s circumstances, your injuries’ severity, and other factors.
Our boating accident attorney serving Savannah will evaluate your case to identify what losses you may be able to recover. Generally, you may pursue compensation for:
- Past and future accident-related medical costs, including ambulance rides, prescription medications, lab tests, x-rays, physical therapy, and rehabilitation
- Income loss from having to take time off from work for recovery
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from continuing your current job and force you to take a lower-paying position
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish
Wrongful Death Cases
If you’ve lost a loved one in a boating accident, the surviving family may be eligible to receive wrongful death damages. These may include funeral costs and compensation for loss of financial support and companionship.
Savannah Boating & Watercraft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
A Boating & Watercraft Accident Attorney in Savannah Can Determine if There Are Multiple Potential Defendants
In a boat or watercraft accident, one or more of the following parties may hold liability for injuries and other damages:
- The boat operator
- The boat owner
- A commercial boat service company
- A boat and watercraft safety gear manufacturer
- One or more boat passengers
Our legal team will verify whom you can pursue for compensation in your case. If more than one party is involved, we will obtain the evidence necessary to demonstrate each liable party’s fault in your wreck.
Contributory Negligence in Georgia
Georgia follows a contributory negligence law, per O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33. This means your compensation amount may be reduced based on the percentage of fault assigned to you in the accident. For example, if you are found 20 percent at fault, your compensation award will be reduced by 20 percent.
If you are deemed 50 percent or more at fault for your watercraft accident, you will be barred from seeking any compensation.
We encourage you to work with a Savannah boat accident attorney who can source solid evidence that fortifies the defendant’s negligence and your damages.
Click to contact our Boating & Watercraft Accidents lawyers today
File a Boating and Watercraft Accident Lawsuit Before Your Time Runs Out
In Georgia, boating and watercraft accident victims generally only have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault parties, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
You may lose your right to obtain compensation if you pursue a lawsuit after the deadline expires. Consider giving us a call immediately, so your Savannah watercraft accident attorney has ample time to investigate your case in-depth and gather strong evidence that convincingly demonstrates liability.
If the insurance company does not agree to offer a fair settlement, your lawyer will still have sufficient time to file a lawsuit against the defendant.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Boating and Watercraft Accident Attorney in Savannah, Georgia Today
We are available 24/7 for a free, no-obligation consultation. One of our team members will discuss your case’s potential, walk you through the claims filing process, answer any questions you have, and explain how we can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a Savannah boating and watercraft accident, contact us to schedule your first appointment today.