If you were injured in a car accident in or around Snellville, Georgia, it is easy to feel angry and overwhelmed, especially if your injuries are permanent or life-changing. However, you could benefit from the advice of our personal injury attorneys.
A Snellville personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can steer you in the right direction after a collision. First, we can inform you of your rights, and then we can file and fight your case on your behalf. This would give you more time to focus on your recuperation while still pursuing the compensation you deserve.
You Deserve Car Accident Compensation
Through a case, you could recover all of the money you spent or lost because of the car accident, including:
- Medical bills (this includes travel expenses related to getting care)
- Car repair bills and other property damage
- Loss of income or benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of job opportunities
You could also qualify for compensation based on:
- Pain and suffering (meaning both physical and emotional suffering)
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
When calculating these and other damages, we can include the losses you have already suffered, as well as the losses you will likely experience in the future. This is an important distinction to make when:
- You have not finished treating or healing from your injuries.
- You have sustained permanent injuries that will affect your entire life.
- You only have the right to sue once, so you cannot sue the liable party again when you accrue more expenses.
Act Quickly After a Car Accident
These aforementioned damages are available to you for only a limited time: usually, your right to compensation expires two years after the accident, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. It may be much shorter, depending on your circumstances.
To preserve your right to the compensation you need, Kaine Law recommends contacting our firm as soon as you are medically stable after a car accident. This will give our Snellville car accident lawyer sufficient time to evaluate your case and come up with a solid legal strategy.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Snellville, call 404-214-2001
What Our Car Accident Attorneys Do for Clients
Is there anything an attorney can do that you cannot handle on your own? Well, at Kaine Law, we want you to know that the legal system is often much more complicated than it may seem at first glance. Our clients depend on us to handle a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Investigating the crash: We know where to get the information we need regarding how the accident happened and what consequences it has had for you and your family.
- Interpreting evidence: Using the evidence we collect, we can make confident determinations about the identity of the at-fault party, the presence of more than one at-fault party, and how much compensation you should ask for.
- Filing paperwork: One misplaced or erroneous form could spell trouble for your lawsuit. Our team can fill out all forms and make sure they get where they need to go within the prescribed deadlines.
- Standing firm during negotiations: Insurance companies sometimes resist paying accident survivors the compensation they deserve. We would not back down in the face of a stubborn insurer.
- Going to court: We are also unafraid to take your case to trial, if seeking a pretrial settlement is unfeasible.
As payment for these tasks, we accept a percentage of whatever money we win for the client. Clients never owe us attorney’s fees up front, and we do not charge such fees at all if we cannot get them compensation.
Throughout the case, we never lose sight of what really matters: you, the client. Our primary job is to make things easier for you. To that end, not only can we complete all of the legal work described above, but we can also:
- Keep in touch with you and regularly update you on how your case is going
- Take the time to listen to what you tell us and answer your questions on all topics related to your case
- Explain what your legal options are and help you decide which ones are right for you
- Offer a neutral, professional perspective on your accident, which can be invaluable when you are too close to a situation to view it objectively
Snellville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Snellville Car Accidents Have Many Causes
The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) reports that there were 1,260 traffic accidents in Snellville in 2021. These crashes caused 563 injuries and one fatality.
How do such accidents happen? Too often, the main cause of car accidents in Snellville is negligence. For example:
- Driver A was going 50 miles per hour in a 30-mile-per-hour zone when they hit Driver B. Driver A exhibited negligence by exceeding the speed limit.
- Driver A took their eyes off the road to answer a text, during which time they hit Driver B. This is a clear case of driver negligence.
- Driver A tried to slow down to turn a corner, but their brakes malfunctioned, and they hit a tree. This could happen due to a careless manufacturer or a neglectful mechanic.
- Driver A hit Driver B because a streetlight was malfunctioning, causing confusion about who had the right of way. Fixing street lights is the government’s job, so this accident happened due to government neglect.
Did negligence cause your car crash? Are you unsure of the main causes and liable parties in your case? Kaine Law wants to help. We can thoroughly investigate your case so that you have a better understanding of how it happened—and, most importantly, what you can do about it.
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Fight for Your Compensation
Let Kaine Law put our decades of experience to work on your car accident case. Our Snellville car accident lawyer can make your legal experience as stress-free as possible by taking care of everything for you and even advising you on how to handle your case. For a free case evaluation, contact us any time, day or night.