If you were involved in an Atlanta car accident, you might have suffered painful injuries that keep you out of work (plus expensive bills for medical care and vehicle repair or replacement).
If you were not primarily at fault for the accident, you could seek financial compensation known as damages from the other driver. While you can pursue damages on your own, you may prefer to work with a personal injury lawyer who has experience with auto accident cases.
How much is an Atlanta car accident settlement worth?
Much of the time, people choose to settle car accident cases out of court. Because each case is different, there is no average dollar value for an Atlanta car accident settlement.
Here are some of the factors that may influence how much your car accident settlement is worth:
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Economic damages cover direct expenses that you incur because of the accident. These expenses could include:
- Medical bills: For expenses such as emergency treatment, hospital stays, X-rays, surgeries, follow-up appointments, rehabilitative therapies, prescription medications, and more
- Vehicle-related expenses: For the towing, repair, or replacement of your car
- Loss of income: If you cannot work during your recovery
- Future loss of income: If your injuries permanently limit your ability to work
Your lawyer will collect evidence such as bills (for medical treatment or vehicle repair and replacement) and past wage statements to estimate your economic damages.
Car accidents can impact victims’ lives in ways that extend beyond direct expenses. Financial compensation for the negative impact on a victim’s quality of life is known as non-economic damages.
You may be able to recover non-economic damages if the accident causes you to:
- Lose a limb
- Suffer from a permanent disability
- Require multiple surgeries or a long recovery period
- Become disfigured or scarred
- Develop a mental health condition such as depression or anxiety
- Face a reduced quality of life
In general, more severe injuries result in greater financial compensation. Your personal injury lawyer can estimate the value of your non-economic damages based on the specifics of your case.
He will gather evidence to support this estimate, such as:
- Your medical records
- Pictures of your injuries
- Interviews with you, your family, and friends.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
According to Georgia’s Office of Commissioner of Insurance and Safety Fire (OCI), drivers must have liability insurance coverage. While they may choose to purchase more coverage, drivers must have insurance that meets the following minimum limits:
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury liability
- $50,000 per incident for bodily injury liability
- $25,000 per incident for property damage liability
Your damages may exceed the minimum insurance coverage required by law. If so, we can negotiate with the insurance provider for a settlement that compensates you for the full value you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How your lawyer can help you after a car accident
Your team can use their experience representing people who were injured because of the negligence of others. They will work hard for you to secure fair compensation after a car accident. Your lawyer can assist you with all legal aspects of your car accident case.
Here are some of the things they can do for you:
- Independently investigate the accident
- Communicate with the insurance providers
- Estimate how much your damages are worth
- File an insurance claim for you
- Gather and submit supporting documents to the insurance company
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
Your legal representative can help you file a lawsuit
Not all Atlanta car accidents can be settled out of court. In some situations, the insurance company will not agree on a reasonable settlement. Your lawyer could help you file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver and his insurance company when that happens.
OCGA §9-3-33 establishes the deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia at two years. This law gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you wait any longer, you forfeit the right to recover damages from your accident.
You could secure a free consultation
We offer a free, no-obligation case consultation and 24/7 support. We can estimate how much your case might be worth and advise you on the next steps you should take. Because we work on contingency, you will pay no fees unless you get financial recovery.
We can represent you and secure a car accident financial award
The value of a car accident settlement varies from case to case. Over the years, we have obtained millions of dollars for injured clients in car accidents caused by another driver’s negligence.
Here are a few settlements our lawyers have received for our clients:
- $4.325 million for a DUI car accident
- $11 million for a car accident
- $900,000 for a car accident
Connect with Kaine Law today
If you were hurt in an Atlanta car accident, reach out to the team today. Call (404) 214-2001 so we can get started on your case.