Car wrecks occur every day across Georgia. Many of these accidents cause significant injuries to drivers and passengers. The car accident attorneys at Kaine Law can help you fight for financial compensation if your car crash was the result of negligent drivers.
Kaine Law handles auto accident cases regularly and can help you take action after a serious motor vehicle collision. We have dozens of years of collective experience handling personal injury claims. Our attorneys are passionate about helping and fighting for accident victims from our offices throughout Georgia.
Hiring a car accident attorney
While you focus on recovering, our auto accident lawyers will handle every aspect of your case to secure fair compensation. This includes:
- Filing your claim
- Gathering evidence (medical records, traffic camera footage, police reports, receipts from out-of-pocket expenses)
- Hiring an accident reconstruction expert to start an investigation
- Collect statements from eyewitnesses at the scene of the accident
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Determining fault
- Calculating your losses, both economic and non-economic
- Answering any questions or concerns you may have
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
- Handling all communications on your behalf
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
Damages you can recover
Personal injury lawyers at Kaine Law can help prove the negligent party’s liability and get you the fair settlement you deserve. You should not have to pay additional costs when someone else was responsible for your accident. Types of damages include:
- Medical bills for surgery, physical therapy, hospital stays, and continuous health care
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life
- Property damage (shattered windows, dented doors, totaled vehicles, and diminished value)
- Lost wages for time you were away from work, potential earnings you will not be able to receive due to your injuries
- Funeral costs and a loss of support and protection in wrongful death claims
Our attorneys have achieved sizable recoveries for several of our clients, some stretching into the millions of dollars. We will fight for the full value of your losses too.
- $11 million for a car accident
- $5.75 million for an auto accident caused by a roadway defect
- $4.3 million for a DUI accident
Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Deadline to file your injury case
You have only two years to file your car accident lawsuit, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. If you do not meet this deadline, then you may be unable to bring your lawsuit. Kaine Law can help you meet this and other applicable deadlines so you can exercise your right to recover damages.
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
Liable parties in auto accident cases
The liable party in a car accident case depends on who was at fault for the accident and any contributing factors. Some examples of liable parties include:
- Negligent drivers
- Employers whose employees cause car accidents
- Government agencies tasked with roadway maintenance
- Auto manufacturers
To prove liability, our attorneys will establish the cause of your accident via evidence that may include police accident reports, photographs or video evidence, eyewitness statements, accident reconstruction reports, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common causes of car wrecks
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, there are more than 350,000 auto accidents in the Peach State each year. These result from a wide variety of factors, ranging from driver negligence to defective automotive parts. Our personal injury law firm is ready to help you take action after auto accidents caused by:
- Distracted driving: Between talking on cell phones, texting, adjusting the radio, following GPS directions, and paying attention to passengers, drivers today are more distracted than ever. When people take their eyes off the road for even a couple of seconds, it can drastically reduce reaction times and result in serious collisions.
- Reckless driving: Also referred to as aggressive driving. Occurs when drivers who exceed speed limits, change lanes without looking, or make quick turns endanger other drivers and passengers.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle if your blood alcohol content (BAC) level is .08 percent or higher. DUI-related accidents also include the use of, or driving while under the influence of, drugs and medication.
- Equipment malfunction: If a vehicle part is not working correctly, a driver could lose control and hit other motorists. This may be due to poor vehicle maintenance or a defective auto part traced back to the manufacturer, in which case you may need to file a products liability claim.
- Driver fatigue: It is unsafe for drivers to operate a car or truck if they are too tired. Falling asleep at the wheel creates a dangerous situation for everyone driving on the road.
- Poor driving conditions: Bad weather, ice, and loose gravel on roads are also common causes of accidents. When conditions are poor, motorists should reduce their speed and take reasonable care to avoid collisions.
What you are eligible to receive will depend on your car accident claim. Speak with a Kaine Law attorney during a free consultation about the specifics of your case. Contact us today at (404) 214-2001. Hablamos Español.