The process of recovering compensation as a passenger in a rideshare accident can be complex, so here is what to do if your Uber gets into an accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Contact the police and report the accident.
- If it is safe and you are physically able, take photographs or videos of your injuries, vehicle damage, and the accident scene.
- Gather contact and insurance details from all involved parties.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses.
- File an accident report with Uber.
Determining who is liable for your injuries can be challenging, as multiple parties could share fault. Further, Uber provides different levels of insurance coverage depending on what the driver is doing at the time of the accident. As such, it can be beneficial to learn about your legal options during a free consultation with an Uber accident injury lawyer to get an idea about where you stand before proceeding with your claim.
Who is Financially Liable for Uber Accidents in Georgia?
Depending on the accident’s circumstances, multiple parties could share financial liability for your injuries. For example, if either the Uber driver or another motorist was negligent behind the wheel, they could be responsible for compensating you. Careless driving can include:
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Reckless driving, such as speeding or ignoring traffic controls
However, the driver may not be the only liable party. Uber can be financially liable if their contractor, the driver, caused the accident.
As you can imagine, things can get complicated, especially while recovering from your injuries. Still, a lawyer can help you cut through the legal jargon and complex insurance policy terms to obtain the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
What Compensation is Available to Passengers Injured in an Uber Accident?
The amount of recoverable damages for passengers injured while using an Uber depends on several factors, such as:
- The circumstances of the accident
- The severity of your injuries
- The effect of your injuries on your home life and employment
- Who is at fault for causing the accident
- How much insurance coverage is available
Uber accident injury lawyers take the time to understand how your life has been affected so they can accurately assess your current and anticipated financial damages. This way, they are in a strong position when they negotiate for compensation related to medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Do I Need To Hire A Lawyer?
At Kaine law, we know how devastating it can be to have your life suddenly turned upside down by an auto accident, how expensive it is to get the medical treatment needed to make a good recovery, and how challenging it can be to recover the compensation you deserve.
While we manage the bulk of the legal work, we are always here to answer your questions and provide regular case updates so you always feel included and know what to expect from the legal process. However, in practical terms, we build robust cases for our clients by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident to identify liable parties
- Gathering evidence to show the other party’s (or parties’) negligence
- Assessing your current and projected financial damages
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement for your injuries
- Representing you in court, where required
We aim to make the legal process as straightforward and hassle-free as possible, so we provide everything you need for your claim and do not charge for our legal services unless we recover compensation for you.
What our Clients Say:
Perhaps the most honest appraisal of our legal skills and experience comes from the people we have represented in the past. As such, here are a few kind words from our prior clients:
“I was involved in an auto-accident with a drunk driver and after several weeks of frustrating interactions with their insurance company, I decided to contact Evan Kaine. He was upfront and honest about how the process works and never made any promises or raised my expectations. Evan understood that my first priority was to take care of the medical expenses that I incurred and he completely delivered. Communication is essential and I spoke directly with him and was never pawned off to another person. Bottom line – Evan Kaine gives lawyers a good name.” – M.T. Atlanta, GA
“When I got hurt, I didn’t know what to do. I contacted Evan and I’m glad that I did. He came to visit me in the hospital and gave me the comfort and confidence that I wanted in my attorney. He’s a fighter.” – J.L., Dallas, Georgia.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Contact the Team at Kaine Law for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident while using an Uber, we can help you build a strong claim and fight for the compensation you deserve to move past this challenging time. To learn more about your legal options, contact the team at Kaine Law for a free consultation today.