Recent statistics posted by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) show an alarming percentage of motorcycle accident fatalities in 2019 compared to how many vehicles are registered motorcycles in the state. These statistics include:
- Only two percent of registered vehicles in Georgia are motorcycles.
- Eleven percent of all traffic fatalities in Georgia involved motorcycle drivers.
- Twenty-one percent of all driver fatalities in Georgia were motorcyclists.
- Motorcyclist fatalities increased by 22 percent from 2017 (139 fatalities) to 2019 (170 fatalities), and 2020 reported 179 fatalities.
- Over 4,000 motorcyclists were involved in accidents in Georgia in 2019.
If you or a loved one in Douglasville, Georgia, was injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, you may qualify to file for compensation from a liable party. A Douglasville personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can manage your case and help you take legal action against the negligent party who contributed to your injuries and damages.
Our Attorneys Help Clients Build Comprehensive Motorcycle Accident Claims
At Kaine Law, we take in clients who have been injured or recently lost someone they love in a motorcycle accident. Having a motorcycle accident attorney around to provide counsel can help you focus on your recovery from your injuries and other personal matters while our team handles the legal work.
We understand that the litigation process can be daunting for many people, so we will provide updates as your case progresses.
How We Build Your Case
We will provide several services to build your claim or motorcycle accident lawsuit, such as:
- Reviewing the official crash report for your accident and any involved insurance policies
- Investigating your motorcycle accident in Douglasville to retrieve additional information, such as whether there were nearby cameras that might have caught the accident or eyewitnesses
- Collecting evidence to support your claims, such as expert witness testimony, dashcam footage, and photographs of the accident scene and your injuries
- Responding to messages, calls, and other communication attempts from the defendant and other inquiring parties (e.g., insurance companies) on your behalf to protect you from making statements that could be used against you.
- Organizing out-of-court negotiation meetings in an effort to reach a settlement deal with the defendant
- Preparing your case for trial if necessary, which includes filing your lawsuit and scheduling court hearing dates on your behalf.
- Providing legal advice whenever you have concerns about your case or would like assistance in making decisions
Our team has been serving people in Georgia for multiple decades and has a track record of winning high-value settlements and verdicts for our clients. Some of our case results for motorcycle accident cases include $450,000, $500,000, and $650,000 verdicts.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Douglasville, call 404-214-2001
Types of Compensation Available in a Motorcycle Accident Case
In personal injury cases, “injuries” goes beyond physical injuries you sustain in an accident. You may qualify to demand compensation for any physical, emotional, financial, and mental injuries you suffer from the motorcycle accident. Some examples of damages you might claim in your case include:
- Medical treatment costs, including future expenses if your injuries are long-term or permanent
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience, which includes physical and emotional pain
- Current and future lost wages and benefits
- Property damage costs, such as costs to repair or replace your motorcycle
- Permanent disability, such as a spinal cord injury that causes paralysis or a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Diminished quality of life if your injuries have a significant impact on your ability to live independently or enjoy former hobbies and activities
- Emotional distress, which includes major depression, anxiety attacks, and bouts of insomnia
You may qualify to claim other damages not listed here. Our team will calculate the value of these damages for you as we manage your case and retrieve evidence that supports our estimates.
Unfortunately, with the mortality rates motorcyclists face in automobile accidents, some families have to swallow the hard reality of losing a loved one after a collision. If you are grieving the loss of a loved one, we extend our hearts out to you and want you to know that you can hold the other party accountable.
You may be able to recover compensation that pays for immediate concerns like funeral expenses and lost income from your loved one. However, you can also demand compensation for emotional losses, such as loss of consortium or parental guidance. Our team will guide you through this process during each consultation.
Douglasville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Georgia Law Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit for your motorcycle accident, you must abide by the state’s statute of limitations, which sets a legal deadline for cases involving injuries. Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. You can often find this date on the official crash report for your accident if you cannot remember exactly.
We will keep track of your case’s statutory deadline so that you do not miss your opportunity to pursue compensation. Keep in mind that many obstacles can cause two years to go by fast, such as:
- How long it might take you to recover enough to hire a lawyer and begin building your case
- How long it might take to investigate your accident
- How long it might take to find and interview eyewitnesses
- How long it might take for parties to hand over information or copies of information
You should start building your case as soon as possible because once you miss the deadline, you will be barred from filing a lawsuit to recover your damages.
Click to contact our Motorcycle Accidents lawyers today
Speak to a Douglasville Motorcycle Accident Attorney About Your Case Today
Kaine Law has been helping people fight for compensation for their injuries in Georgia for multiple decades, and our attorneys are ready to fight for you. If you or a loved one was injured in Douglasville, Georgia, in a motorcycle accident, our team wants to hear about your accident and help you build a case against the liable party or parties.
We offer the first consultation for free so that you can learn more about how a Douglasville motorcycle accident lawyer can represent you. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, so you will not be charged attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Call now for a free case review.