When a product fails to perform as expected and causes an injury or illness, you can take legal action against the product manufacturer. A product with a defective part or faulty design could cause significant harm to unsuspecting people. When this happens to you or a loved one, you can fight to hold the product’s manufacturer accountable for your injuries.
A Savannah product liability lawyer from Kaine Law can help you seek compensation to recover your losses. With a personal injury attorney on your side, you may be able to receive the money you need to avoid financial debt. Sustaining an injury can cause you to miss work or accumulate high medical bills. If this happens, you could face financial struggles. We may help you avoid that.
Why Choose Kaine Law as Your Savannah Product Liability Lawyer?
At Kaine Law, we always put our clients first. We have decades of experience helping those who have sustained injuries due to faulty products. Our job is to take care of the details, so your main focus is on recovering from your injuries.
We fight for product liability victims and their families. Each of our Savannah product liability attorneys cares about our clients and wants to help them reach the best possible outcome.
You Don’t Have to Pay Unless You Recover Compensation
Our firm understands getting injured could cause you to face financial stress. Many people might not contact an attorney because they are worried about the costs. However, you don’t have to pay for our legal services at Kaine Law unless you get money through the claim or lawsuit. We offer the following fee structure:
- Free consultations: Our team can review your case at no cost. During the consultation, we can hear how your injuries have impacted your life, guide you on moving forward with your case, and inform you how our team can help.
- Contingency fees: We work on a contingency-fee basis for product liability cases. A contingency fee means you don’t have to pay for our legal services unless we reach a successful outcome with your case. Only then will you pay us a small percentage of your winnings.
This fee structure allows victims of faulty products to hold the manufacturer accountable without worrying about the financial costs. We can provide more in-depth details of our fee structure during your consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Savannah, call 404-214-2001
What Damages Can You Recover in a Savannah Product Liability Case?
People who sustain injuries or fall ill because of faulty products could recover compensation. The compensation you could recover varies based on the losses you incur. Damages are the money the manufacturer owes you because of their role in you getting injured or sick. The types of compensation you could recover include economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are also sometimes referred to as special damages. These are justified monetary losses you incurred because of your injuries or illness. Examples of economic damages in a product liability case could include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
Keeping documentation of the costs of these losses can help your Savannah product liability attorney calculate the value of your economic damages.
Non-economic damages are also called general damages. These are subjective, non-monetary losses. Examples of non-economic damages in a product liability case may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
To calculate the value of non-economic damages, attorneys use formulas. These formulas can help determine the estimated value of your entire case by adding your economic and non-economic damages.
Savannah Product Liability Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability refers to an injury victim holding a manufacturer liable for placing defective products into the hands of consumers. The manufacturer is responsible if someone sustains an injury from a defective product.
During the creation of a product, there is a chain of distribution. Depending on the product’s defect, you could hold several parties accountable for your injuries. Different parties involved in product manufacturing and distribution include:
- The manufacturer of the product
- The manufacturer of parts, such as a battery
- The party that assembles the product
- The retail store where you purchased the product
Types of Product Defects
To recover compensation in a product liability case, the injured victim must prove the product was defective. Three types of defects could cause the manufacturer or supplier to accept liability. These types of defects include:
- Design defect: Before the manufacturer created the product, the design had a flaw that made it unsafe.
- Manufacturing defect: These defects occur during the product’s manufacturing process.
- Marketing defect: These are defects in the marketing of the product. Examples could include inadequate safety warnings, incorrect labels, or instructions that don’t clearly state how to use the product safely.
The type of product defect could help to determine liability.
Click to contact our Product Liability lawyers today
How Can a Savannah Product Liability Attorney Help?
An attorney can provide legal representation throughout your case. Our firm can handle all legal matters, so your only focus can remain on recovering from your injuries. When you hire us to represent you, we can do the following:
- Investigate the accident: We can look at the product that caused your injuries and determine its defect. Through this investigation, we can determine liability and build a case against the at-fault party.
- Speak to opposing attorneys and insurance companies: The product manufacturer’s attorneys or insurance company might reach out to you for questioning. We can handle these communications on your behalf.
- Negotiate with the other party: Before filing a lawsuit, we can negotiate with opposing attorneys and insurance companies to reach a settlement agreement.
- File a lawsuit: If we cannot settle with the opposing side, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf. Our attorneys can prepare a case and represent you in court if necessary.
Legal matters are often complex and stressful. Our Savannah product liability attorneys can provide the support you need to get through the ordeal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Time to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Savannah
When you sustain an injury due to product liability, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 states you have two years from the date of the accident or the date you discovered your injuries to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Once the two years have passed, the likelihood of recovering compensation significantly decreases.
A Savannah product liability lawyer from Kaine Law can ensure you don’t miss any timelines regarding your case.
Contact Kaine Law Today to Get Started on Your Product Liability Case
You could seek compensation for your losses if you sustained an injury because of a defective product. The product’s manufacturer owes you for the harm it caused. An attorney from our firm can guide you through the legal process. We have handled many similar cases and know how to navigate complex issues.
Contact Kaine Law today for a free consultation. We can answer your questions and provide information about how we can help.