If you suffered physical injuries or property damages in a car accident due to a hit-and-run driver, Kaine Law can help. Our East Point, GA, hit-and-run accident lawyer can fight to recover compensation with an insurance claim or lawsuit. When our personal injury lawyers handle your case, you can focus on your physical recovery.
How Can Our Attorneys Seek Compensation for a Hit and Run?
Hit-and-run car accidents can leave victims with severe injuries, significant medical expenses, and questions about how to pay for damages. Fortunately, you can recover your losses, even if the driver who hit you or your vehicle left the scene.
Our East Point hit-and-run accident lawyers can review your case and help you explore every option available for securing financial awards. Our team can:
- Help locate the hit-and-run driver. Law enforcement may investigate your accident and attempt to identify the hit-and-run driver, but police have limited resources and multiple cases. Our lawyers can focus on your accident and work to find the liable party by interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports, and viewing available dashcam, surveillance, or cell phone video. Once located, we can hold them financially responsible for your damages with an automobile insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
- Identify liable third parties. We can investigate your accident and determine if you have a case against a liable third party, such as a negligent property owner or vehicle or auto parts manufacturer. We can take action against other responsible entities, even if the hit-and-run driver is never located.
- Handle claims via your own insurer. Unlike some states, Georgia does not require that drivers carry uninsured and underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) protection. However, if you have an optional policy, we can help you pursue the maximum settlement possible from your own insurance provider.
We Work Hard So That You Don’t Have To
We have multiple decades of experience serving the injured, so we know the time following a car accident can be challenging. Therefore, we work hard to resolve our clients’ insurance and legal issues so they can focus on their health and their families.
We will prepare your case paperwork, track deadlines, gather evidence, communicate with involved parties, and aggressively negotiate on your behalf. Throughout the process, we will keep you informed of case developments, provide 24/7 support, and treat you with professionalism, dignity, and respect.
Furthermore, we take cases on contingency, meaning we will not charge upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Instead, our payment comes from your case winnings, and if we do not obtain compensation, you owe us nothing.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accident lawyer serving East Point, call 404-214-2001
Recoverable Hit and Run Accident Damages
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for personal injury clients, including a $975,000 award for a hit-and-run accident involving a commercial vehicle. We will work tirelessly to identify your losses and recover every cent owed to you. In general, car accident compensation may include the following:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance transportation, emergency medical treatment, hospital fees, doctors’ bills, physical therapy, mobility aids, medications, and long-term care services
- Lost wages, including back pay, tips, bonuses, and health and retirement benefits
- Lost earning capacity if you suffered a disabling injury that interferes with your employment abilities
- Physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering, including loss of mobility, scarring and disfigurement, depression, stress, anxiety, inconvenience, and lost quality of life
If your family member died because of a hit-and-run accident injury, our lawyers can assist with pursuing wrongful death compensation on behalf of the deceased’s estate and qualifying survivors. We can seek many of the damages named above, as well as compensation for the loss of your loved one’s companionship, care, advice, and counsel.
Do Not Wait Too Long To Seek Your Losses
In general, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. The clock starts at the time of your accident or loved one’s passing.
Waiting too long will likely result in the court dismissing your case. An expired statute of limitations can also negatively affect your insurance claim. Our East Point hit-and-run accident lawyer can take action before time runs out.
East Point Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Georgia Law Demands That Drivers Stop After a Car Accident
According to O.C.G.A § 40-6-270, Georgia drivers must stop when involved in an accident resulting in injuries, death, or damage to a vehicle. Once stopped, they have a legal obligation to contact medical services or local law enforcement to obtain assistance and report the collision. Drivers must also remain at the scene until help arrives and provide authorities with their contact information, license and registration, and proof of insurance.
Why Do Drivers Leave the Scene?
Fleeing the scene of an accident is illegal, leaves others involved without medical aid, and can lead to serious criminal and civil penalties. So, why would a driver hit and run, putting others in danger and risking the consequences?
According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, sometimes drivers leave the scene because they are already engaged in negligent and wrongful behaviors, such as drinking and driving or driving without a license. Drivers also are more likely to flee if they believe they can get away with it (i.e., it is dark or there are no witnesses).
Other factors that contribute to hit-and-runs include:
- Bad weather
- Poorly designed roadways
- Illegal passing
- Failing to stop at marked intersections or yield to pedestrians
Whatever the cause of your accident, our attorneys will fight to hold the liable party responsible. We assist with hit-and-runs involving pedestrians, bicyclists, cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
Click to contact our Hit and Run Accidents lawyers today
Contact Kaine Law Today for Help With Your Hit-and-Run Accident Case
You can recover financial losses after a hit-and-run accident, and Kaine Law can help. Whether handling a claim with your insurer or holding a liable driver accountable in court, we will stand by your side and fight for you every step of the way.
To learn more about how we can serve you or your injured family member, contact us today for a risk-free, no-cost consultation. We have team members available 24/7 to take your call, answer your questions, and get you started down the road to financial recovery.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form