After a golf cart accident in Lithonia, it is important that you understand your rights and exercise them to the fullest. That could include hiring a lawyer from Kaine Law to represent you as you seek fair compensation from the liable party.
Financial damages could make your life less stressful as you recover from your injuries. Our Lithonia personal injury lawyer can seek that money on your behalf while you focus on feeling better. We will charge you no attorney’s fees unless and until we win money for you.
You Are Entitled to Fair Damages After a Golf Cart Accident in Lithonia
Under state law, you have the right to pursue financial compensation from any and all parties who contributed to your accident. In golf cart accidents, potentially liable parties include:
- A golf cart driver who tried to go too fast or drive where they were not supposed to go
- A mechanic who failed to notice or address problems with the golf cart’s engine, tires, brakes, or steering system
- A golf course owner who did not maintain a safe environment for golf carts to operate in
Our Attorney in Lithonia Can Make Your Case Easier to Handle
Hiring a personal injury attorney is a personal decision that only you can make. As you consider your options, bear in mind that the legal process can be complicated, and the liable party’s insurer has likely been through this process many more times than you have.
The team at Kaine Law seeks to reduce the burden on plaintiffs like you by managing all legal matters on their behalf. Among other things, we can:
- Launch an investigation into how your accident happened and how it has affected you
- Put together your casefile and present it to the insurance company
- Quantify a fair value for your injuries and negotiate hard to get the insurer to pay that amount
- Tell you when to accept or reject a settlement offer and when it may be time to think about going to court
- Speak to all other parties via phone, email, text, and in-person meetings, and report their responses back to you
- Go over all the paperwork with you so that you understand what it means for you and your case
- Make ourselves available to you and answer any legal question you have at any time
For a free legal consultation with a golf cart accident lawyer serving Lithonia, call 404-214-2001
Damages for Golf Cart Crash Survivors in Lithonia
Once you have established the liable party’s negligence, Kaine Law can ask for two main types of compensation to help you cope with the accident and its aftermath. These, as described below, are economic damages and non-economic damages.
Golf Cart Accident Compensation for Financial Losses
A single crash can affect many different aspects of your financial life, including:
- Your ability to go to work and perform your regular job duties
- Your ability to find and retain a job or to get promoted
- How much you have to pay in medical bills
- How much you have to pay to repair or replace expensive personal property
Golf Cart Accident Compensation for Bodily Injuries
Losing money is terrible, but often, the worst part of a golf cart accident is the physical and mental toll it takes on you and your family. You could face:
- Both physical and psychological injury symptoms that affect your health
- Temporary or permanent disabilities that force you to rely on assistive devices or other people for help
- The pain of knowing that you cannot take care of yourself or others who rely on you
- The diminishment of close personal relationships
Lithonia Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Proving Your Lithonia Golf Cart Accident Case
A successful case is one that:
Shows How the Elements of Negligence Apply to Your Golf Cart Accident
There are four elements of negligence that you and your Lithonia golf cart accident lawyer must find proof of before the insurer will even consider agreeing to your demands. These are:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party was responsible for your welfare. For example, a golf cart driver should travel at a safe speed and take reasonable action to prevent collisions with others.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party did not fulfill their duty of care. Perhaps the driver was intoxicated and behaving erratically.
- Causation: The breach described above led directly to your crash. Thanks to the driver’s erratic movements, you were unable to predict their path and get out of the way in time.
- Damages: The accident has caused you significant and unnecessary pain, loss, and inconvenience. This could refer to any or all of the damages listed in the previous section (medical bills, emotional distress, etc.).
Will Stand Up to Scrutiny from the Insurer’s Lithonia Attorney
Just as you are working hard to build a strong case, the insurance company has their own legal representatives to try to prove their client is not liable for your injuries. Their team might try to:
- Blame you for the accident
- Minimize your suffering—the fewer injuries you sustained, the less they have to pay
- Drag out the proceedings until you give up and accept an inadequate settlement
The stronger your case file, the less room the liable party has to undervalue or dismiss your legal action in the ways listed above.
Is Filed Before the Lithonia Statute of Limitations Expires
In Georgia, as codified at O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action. If you do not file your case in time, the court will probably throw your case out, and you will not receive any compensation.
The team at Kaine Law does not want to see you give up your rights before you fully understand what they are. The sooner you come to speak to us, the better we can assist you and your family.
Click to contact our Golf Cart Accidents lawyers today
Seeking Golf Cart Accident Damages in Lithonia
Kaine Law has spent decades helping people just like you hold negligent individuals and organizations accountable for the damage they do. To find out how our Lithonia golf cart accident lawyer can assist with your situation, call us today. Members of our team are standing by to evaluate your case at no charge.