If you or your loved one was injured in a collision with a truck or carrier vehicle, a Riverdale truck accident lawyer from Kaine Law may be able to help you recover compensation for your losses and injuries.
Together, we can hold the negligent parties who caused your accident accountable while helping you secure the money you need and deserve as you recover from the crash.
Damages in Riverdale Truck Accident Cases
The damages you can recover through a personal injury claim or lawsuit are known as compensatory damages. This is because they compensate you for your losses due to the accident and your resulting injuries. There are two categories of compensatory damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in Truck Accident Cases
Economic damages cover your past and future financial losses, such as the following:
- Medical bills, such as prescriptions, physical therapy, hospitalization costs, and doctor bills
- Lost wages, such as the money you lose during your incapacitation and recovery, as well as the wage gap if you are forced to limit the type of work or number of hours you can take due to your injuries
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as assistive devices, the costs of hiring household help, and transportation costs from getting to and from appointments
Non-economic damages compensate you for your past and future physical pain and mental and emotional suffering. If you lost your loved one to a truck accident, this includes your late loved one’s pain and suffering, as well as your own suffering due to their loss. You may also be compensated for disfigurement and disability.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Riverdale, call 404-214-2001
How Our Lawyers in Clayton County Fight for You
Here is how our truck accident lawyer will fight for the compensation you are owed for your injuries.
We will Investigate the Truck Accident
To begin, we will investigate your truck accident to discover what happened and who caused it. We will look for evidence like:
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Surveillance footage
- Statements from eyewitnesses
This evidence will prove that the party you are suing was in some way negligent.
We will Build Your Personal Injury Case
Once we have collected evidence of negligence, we will build your case for compensation. There are four elements that must be present in order to successfully recover compensation:
- Duty of care: This means that you had a reasonable expectation to be kept safe while on the road. If you were another driver, motorcyclist, bicyclist, or pedestrian who was struck by a truck, then you may have been owed a duty of care.
- Negligence: We will prove that the evidence we have adds up to negligent actions or inaction on behalf of the defendant in your case.
- Causation: Next, we will show that this negligence was the cause of your accident. This does not mean it is the whole cause. In fact, even if you believe you may have been partially to blame for the accident, you can still recover compensation if you can prove that the defendant’s negligence was the main cause of your accident and injuries.
- Damages: Finally, we will prove that this accident resulted in injuries. We will prove this with medical records, photographic and video evidence, and witness testimony. The more damages we can prove you have suffered, the more we can recover through a lawsuit.
We will Negotiate for a Fair Settlement
The first offer from the insurance company will likely be much less than you deserve. The insurer typically offers a low settlement hoping that an accident victim will take what they can get.
At Kaine Law, we know the insurance company’s tricks and what to do about them. We will use our knowledge of Georgia law and experience fighting for injured victims of negligence just like you to negotiate for the best possible settlement in your case.
We will Represent You at Trial
If the insurance company still will not pay, then we will take your case to trial. In court, we will present the evidence to a jury who can decide whether or not to award you compensation. Our trial lawyers are not afraid of a fight, and we will not simply back down and settle for less than we believe you deserve.
Riverdale Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Act Quickly or Risk Recovering Nothing for Your Riverdale Truck Accident
Your time to file is limited, so get started today. You typically only have two years from the time of the accident to bring your case (O.C.G.A § 9-3-33).
This time can be even shorter in certain circumstances. For example, if you are suing a government agency or one of its employees, you may only have six months to file your lawsuit (O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5). Your lawyer can walk you through your options after reviewing your case.
It is best to allow your lawyer ample time to create your defense. If you wait too long to acquire legal help, vital evidence can disappear, and witnesses may not be as helpful as they could’ve been soon after the accident.
Click to contact our Truck Accidents lawyers today
See How Our Attorneys Can Help You After a Riverdale Truck Accident
Connect with Kaine Law today to get started. Call (404) 214-2001 to receive your free case evaluation and to learn more about how one of our Riverdale truck accident lawyers will fight for you after you are injured in an accident.
A caring team member is standing by to listen to the facts of your case and determine what direction your case should go in. We want to help you get your life back on track after this avoidable accident.