Your family could be entitled to file a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit if you lost a loved one due to negligence. Our Riverdale wrongful death lawyer at Kaine Law can help your family recover from the financial aftermath of a sudden loss. You could be entitled to recoup the costs of a loved one’s financial and domestic contributions to your family.
You do not have to seek compensation on your own. Our law firm will help you navigate the complex process of seeking financial compensation from the at-fault party. With our support, you can focus on helping your family while we fight for you by identifying the at-fault party and proving the cause of their negligence. We will also negotiate for you and take your case to court if a fair settlement is not forthcoming.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
With multiple decades of experience, our law firm will help your family build a strong case for financial compensation. We start by listening to your story with compassion and kindness.
We, then, apply the state’s wrongful death and personal injury laws effectively to your case and help your family document its right to compensation. We also keep your family up to date on the progress of your case.
Establishing Your Loved One’s Cause of Death
You and your family have our condolences for your loss. You also have our commitment to fight for the damages you are owed. To champion your right to recovery, we start by proving the four elements of negligence required in all civil cases. These elements include — duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
The evidence we collect to prove these elements include:
- Accident reports. These might include car accident reports, animal control reports, corporate incident reports, and more.
- Medical records. These will contain details about your loved one’s cause of death and outline any injuries or medical errors that led to their demise.
- Autopsy report and death certificate. These will list their cause of death and their date of demise, which will help us comply with the statutory time limit.
- Witness statements: These can help substantiate your story or one told to you by your loved one. They can also provide additional details from varying points of view.
We do not tax your family with evidence collection. Instead, we take care of this for you and will also organize your evidence and submit it to the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Reviews From Previous Clients
Vetting our law firm to help you seek compensation is easier when you can hear a first-hand account of what it means to work with our team. Our previous clients say the following when they talk about our team:
- S.: “Evan Kaine is a great attorney…kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so.”
- A.: “After my husband died, I knew I needed help fighting the insurance company. I knew I couldn’t do it on my own, so I called Evan. Evan Kaine fought for me and got me results.”
We are ready to help you get the compensation you deserve in a supportive atmosphere. Read more ratings and reviews about our team on our testimonials page.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Riverdale, call 404-214-2001
Your Relationship to the Decedent May Entitle You to Recover Damages
O.C.G.A. § 51-4-2 defines which surviving family members can file a wrongful death action in Georgia. At Kaine Law, our wrongful death lawyer will help families in Riverdale define their familial relationship and prove their right to seek monetary recovery.
Eligible family members include:
- Surviving spouse
- Surviving adult children
- Surviving parent
- Personal representative
We understand that the unexpected loss of a loved one is difficult for your entire family. When we represent you, we ensure your family gets the compensation it deserves and is entitled to.
We Help You Fight for Wrongful Death Damages
The loss of your loved one will cause your family to incur many expenses. Our law firm will help you fight to recover them. These include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses incurred prior to demise
- Lost wages your loved one would have earned
- Pain and suffering for your loved one’s injuries
- Loss of consortium and companionship
Your case is unique, and you might be able to recover punitive damages — designed to penalize an egregious or intentional wrongdoing — or additional damages not listed here. When we represent you, we are careful when assessing your expenses and losses to ensure your case is accurately valued.
A Delay in Filing Your Potential Lawsuit Can Be Costly
The personal injury statute of limitations in Georgia is generally two years, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. This is the time the state gives you to file your lawsuit. If you do not file within the allotted time:
- You will not be able to file your wrongful death lawsuit
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without ever being heard
While the statute of limitations must be complied with, it can also be difficult to figure out because many factors can cause it to veer from the two-year time limit. For example, if a government or municipal party is responsible for your family’s loss, you generally have only six months to file a claim, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
When you trust our law firm to represent you, we take care of defining and adhering to the statute of limitations.
Riverdale Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Get Your No-Cost, No-Obligation Case Evaluation Today
Our wrongful death lawyer helps families just like yours get financial compensation in Riverdale after the loss of a loved one. When you are ready to hold the at-fault party responsible for their actions, contact our client intake team, who will review your case at no cost or obligation to you. Contact one of our Kaine Law team members by calling today.