A collision with a semi-truck can leave you or anyone riding in your much smaller vehicle with serious, even life-threatening, injuries. If you or someone you love was injured in a semi-truck accident in Covington, our lawyers will help you recover damages. Our Covington truck accident lawyers will investigate every detail of your accident and identify the at-fault party and their insurance provider.
At Kaine Law, we stop at nothing to advocate for you and pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you were the driver or passenger in the vehicle, our law firm will take on your case. We will help you hold a reckless driver or other party accountable for your accident and resulting injuries.
Identifying All Potentially Liable Parties After a Semi-Truck Accident in Covington
A primary factor in truck accidents is identifying who to pursue for compensation since more than one party could have contributed to the collision. Our truck accident lawyer will compile evidence that identifies the at-fault party or parties, which can include:
- The driver/owner/operator
- The truck driver’s employer
- The truck repair shop
- The cargo loading facility
- The truck manufacturer
- Truck parts manufacturers
- A government agency
Proving liability can be complicated on your own. Leave it to us. We will build a compelling case file that identifies the at-fault party and their insurance company.
How Our Investigative Team Proves the At-Fault Party’s Financial Liability
The case file we can build for you is an important part of your case. The evidence we collect to prove liability can include:
- Truck accident report to document the accident’s causes and contributing factors
- Medical records to document the cause and costs of your injuries
- Truck repair and maintenance records to document the truck’s condition and performance
- Proof of income to document the value of your lost wages
- Estimates for replacing or repairing your damaged or destroyed property
When Kaine Law accepts your case, you get the power of our entire team behind your fight for financial recovery. We also collect the truck driver’s logbook and hours-of-service notes to document any violations that may have led to driver distraction or fatigue.
For a free legal consultation with a semi truck accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Compensation We Demand for Victims of Semi-Truck Accidents
After an accident, you can recover a range of economic damages. These are easy to document with bills and receipts and typically include current and future medical bills, current and future lost wages, loss of the ability to earn in the future, treatment-related travel expenses, property damage or destruction, and diminished property value.
We also demand non-economic damages. These are intangible but can be substantiated with tangible evidence and documents. Non-economic damages include physical disability, disfiguring injuries, ongoing pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Our Covington semi-truck accident lawyer at Kaine Law will also demand compensation for families who lost a loved one in the collision. Wrongful death damages can include the costs of your loved one’s funeral, burial, or cremation. They also include your loss of their financial and household input and loss of consortium, companionship, and guidance.
Act Quickly to Comply With Georgia’s Statute of Limitations
After a truck accident, the state limits the time you have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. According to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file your personal injury lawsuit. The same statute gives your family two years to file a wrongful death action.
If the semi-truck involved in your accident was government-owned or operated, you could have as little as six months to file a claim against a government agency, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
Though they can be complicated, missing the filing deadline can also be costly by preventing you from filing your lawsuit at all. Our personal injury law firm will help you understand the filing deadline and work hard to meet it.
Covington Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Covington Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Will Never Stop Fighting for You
When we represent you, we work hard to treat you like a person, not a case file. We will keep you updated on any progress and developments in your case and do all of the following on your behalf:
- Identify all possible at-fault parties
- Conduct an independent investigation
- Canvass for photos and video footage
- Handle all case-related communication
- Obtain your truck accident report
- Obtain medical records and bills
- Draft and file your claim or lawsuit
- Consult relevant expert witnesses
- Clarify legal and insurance language
We will also negotiate for you and represent you in court if an acceptable settlement is not forthcoming.
Our History of Five-Star Reviews From Satisfied Personal Injury Clients
On our testimonials page, you will find a plethora of testimonials from previous clients who say:
- B.S.: “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle…Overall great legal service.”
- R.K.: “Please allow me to introduce you to Evan Kaine. I was in a very tight position, and Evan could not have been more professional, courteous, or kind and, again, HONEST…if you have an issue, PLEASE contact Evan, and I mean this from the heart!”
We work hard to treat you like family and to provide the support that makes your case as streamlined and stress-free as possible so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Click to contact our Semi Truck Accidents lawyers today
Contact Our Team 24/7 for Your FREE Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one was injured in a recent truck accident, we can help. Our Covington semi truck accident lawyer will take on the at-fault party and their insurance company. Leave it to us. We stop at nothing to recover the damages you and your family need and deserve.
Get started today by contacting our case review team at Kaine Law for your no-cost, no-obligation evaluation today.